Re: BUG #3110: Online Backup introduces Duplicate OIDs - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #3110: Online Backup introduces Duplicate OIDs
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> I would like to introduce a WARNING message into recovery to show that a
> backup_label was expected, yet was not present. This is normal in some
> use cases of recovery, but we need to be able to tell those situations
> apart. Any objections?

Given that the case would sometimes be expected, I think a warning would
just add confusion.  If we could distinguish the cases and make it a
hard ERROR to be lacking the label when it's needed, then maybe, but I'm
not sure how.

            regards, tom lane