Anyone still care about Cygwin? (was Re: [CORE] GPL Source and Copyright Questions) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Anyone still care about Cygwin? (was Re: [CORE] GPL Source and Copyright Questions)
Date
Re: Anyone still care about Cygwin? (was Re: [CORE] GPL  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
"Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:
>> Actually, my gripe about this one is that it wasn't detected promptly.
>> That patch went in two weeks ago; we should have known about
>> the problem
>> within a couple days at most.  Seems like the Windows members of the
>> buildfarm don't run often enough.  The whole point of the buildfarm is
>> to spot problems while the code is still fresh in mind, no?

> I think that speaks for the current usage of the cygwin port. Snake runs
> native builds daily, but like Magnus and his dev box there's no way I'm
> letting Cygwin anywhere near it. Istr that the only vaguely active
> Cygwin member is Andrew's laptop.

Well, "lack of interest" is certainly adequate reason to decommission a
port.  If we can't find anyone who cares enough about Cygwin to host a
regularly-scheduled buildfarm member, I'm for blowing it off.