Re: xlog viewer proposal - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: xlog viewer proposal
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2006-06-23 at 10:59 -0300, Diogo Biazus wrote:

> On 6/23/06, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>         > - give more flexibility for managing the xlogs remotely
>
>         Not sure what you mean.
>
>         > - I think it's faster to implement and to have a working and
>         usable
>         > tool.
>
>         Why do you think that? It sounds like you've got more work
>         since you
>         effectively need to rewrite the _desc routines.
>
> Yes, but I don't need to worry with program output, and I have the
> backend's memory management and error handling.

I'd suggest doing a quick prototype to allow us to evaluate which
architecture would be preferable.

I'm torn between the good-idea and the safe-minimal-but-definitely in
8.2 option.

--  Simon Riggs              EnterpriseDB   http://www.enterprisedb.com