Re: readline doubt with postgresql (on HP-UX) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Giles Lean
Subject Re: readline doubt with postgresql (on HP-UX)
Date
List pgsql-general
kanchana writes:

>  I'm trying to build postgresql on PA-RISC.=20
> By default it took readline libreary as "shared".

The HP-UX linker, like most linkers, will prefer a shared library to
a static one unless you are linking the whole program statically.

Easy workarounds are to either install the shared readline library,
or else build readline only as a static library, and link against
that.

You'd have to provide some details of what you are doing (HP-UX
version, compiler you're using, configure options) for anyone
to fully understand what you're doing.

Regards,

Giles