Re: Asynchronous Trigger? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adam Tauno Williams
Subject Re: Asynchronous Trigger?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 2018-04-27 at 11:25 -0600, Michael Loftis wrote:
> As suggested, note in ToDo table, also maybe look at LISTEN and
> NOTIFY and have a job runner process LISTENing

We use a simple python process to listen with a PostgreSQL cursor for
NOTIFY events, and push them into RabbitMQ (message broker).  From
there you can do a lot of asynchronous work;  it will store messages,
optionally with expiration, you have point-to-point or broadcast,
etc...  It is a very durable, scalable, and flexible way to built up an
event driven system.

--
Meetings Coordinator, Michigan Association of Railroad Passengers
537 Shirley St NE Grand Rapids, MI 49503-1754 Phone: 616.581.8010