Re: Negative LIMIT and OFFSET? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Negative LIMIT and OFFSET?
Date
Re: Negative LIMIT and OFFSET?  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: Negative LIMIT and OFFSET?  (Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca>)
List pgsql-hackers
> I even found an existing, unused error message called
> ERRCODE_INVALID_LIMIT_VALUE

That's a bad idea I think.  That code is defined by SQL99.  I can't find
anyplace that they specify what it should be raised for, but we can be
pretty confident that it's not meant for LIMIT.  I think we should
just use INVALID_PARAMETER_VALUE.

How do people feel about applying this to 8.3, rather than holding it?
One possible objection is that we're past string freeze, but I noted
Peter doing some message editorializing as recently as today, so it
would seem a slushy freeze at best.