Re: [HACKERS] pgbench randomness initialization - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] pgbench randomness initialization
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> writes:
>> This is a simple patch that does what it says on the tin. I ran into
>> trouble with the pgbench TAP test *even before applying the patch*, but
>> only because I was doing a VPATH build as a user without 'write'
>> on the source tree (001_pgbench_with_server.pl tried to make pgbench
>> create log files there). Bad me. Oddly, that was the only test in the
>> whole tree to have such an issue, so here I add a pre-patch to fix that.
>> Now my review needs a review. :)

> Yep. I find the multiple chdir solution a little bit too extreme.

> ISTM that it should rather add the correct path to --log-prefix by
> prepending $node->basedir, like the pgbench function does for -f scripts.
> See attached.

Hm ... so I tried to replicate this problem, and failed to: the log files
get made under the VPATH build directory, as desired, even without this
patch.  Am I doing something wrong, or is this platform-dependent somehow?