Re: [CORE] GPL Source and Copyright Questions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [CORE] GPL Source and Copyright Questions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:
> Is there any real reason to continue to support Cygwin? We've always
> said it's not a first class port, and now we have the native port which
> is it seems somewhat pointless expending further effort on it.

I think the day will come when there's a good reason to decommission the
Cygwin port (ie, some problem that seems unreasonably hard to solve),
and then I'll be the first in line voting to do so.  But accidental
breakage due to someone being sloppy with #ifdefs for a different port
isn't a good reason.

Actually, my gripe about this one is that it wasn't detected promptly.
That patch went in two weeks ago; we should have known about the problem
within a couple days at most.  Seems like the Windows members of the
buildfarm don't run often enough.  The whole point of the buildfarm is
to spot problems while the code is still fresh in mind, no?