Re: minor compiler warning on OpenBSD - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: minor compiler warning on OpenBSD
Date
Re: minor compiler warning on OpenBSD  (Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org> writes:
> On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 07:18:17PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Now if we could only get rid of those flex-induced warnings in ecpg...

> Don't you get the same in the backend's parser code? I surely do.

No, ecpg is the only one producing warnings for me.  What flex version
do you use?

> It seems these are only missing prototypes. How about adding an include
> file with those prototypes?

What I get with flex 2.5.4 is

pgc.c: In function `base_yylex':
pgc.c:1564: warning: label `find_rule' defined but not used
preproc.y: At top level:
pgc.c:3818: warning: `yy_flex_realloc' defined but not used

neither of which seem fixable that way.