Re: TODO updates - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: TODO updates
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> Philip Warner <pjw@rhyme.com.au> writes:
>>> As of the latest pg_dump, it dumps in modified oid order: rules, triggers,
>>> views and indexes always go at end, but the rest is in oid order.
>>
>> Hmm, I think you need to dump views in OID order just as though they
>> were tables.  What if an SQL function refers to a view?

> The actual list of things it moves to the end is: TABLE DATA, BLOBS, INDEX,
> TRIGGER, RULE and ACL. The underlying table for a view is created in OID
> order, so I would guess that referencing it in an SQL function would still
> be OK. Is that OK?

Oh, I see, you're emitting the underlying table and the rule separately.
Yeah, I think that will probably work.

Is it safe to postpone ACL setting?  Less sure about that ... I think
the rule parser checks ACLs at parse time instead of execution, for
example.