[ODBC] BUG: odbc statement_timeout gets set to 30000 - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From linuxyeti
Subject [ODBC] BUG: odbc statement_timeout gets set to 30000
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hi All

I've found a problem with at least the 906 and 1000 odbc driver, in that, no
matter what statement_timeout is set to, after initially connecting and
setting the value to that specified in the connection settings, it is then
subsequently set to 30000.

This means that queries running longer than 30seconds are failing, which is
a major problem. Earlier drivers do not behave in this manner.

I'm not a windows person, however, I have found that

SET statement_timeout = %d

Is present in psqlodbc30a.dll  psqlodbc35w.dll, I've used a hex editor to
change the above to read

SET statement_timeout =  0

This works for us, but it would be good for a fixed driver to be published,
I can't see the need for it to be specified in the driver itself, when it
can be passed as a connection setting.

I suspect that %d variable is being overwritten, so, it would be good if
this could be fixed for the next release, either by making sure the
statement_timeout doesn't get overwritten when set in the connection
settings in the driver gui, or windows registry, or, simply remove it from
the driver.

I hope that all makes sense

Thanks

Tony