Re: [GENERAL] Text search dictionary vs. the C locale - Mailing list pgsql-general

From twoflower
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Text search dictionary vs. the C locale
Date
List pgsql-general
Initializing the cluster with

initdb
  --locale=C
  --lc-ctype=en_US.UTF-8
  --lc-messages=en_US.UTF-8
  --lc-monetary=en_US.UTF-8
  --lc-numeric=en_US.UTF-8
  --lc-time=en_US.UTF-8
  --encoding=UTF8

allows me to use my text search dictionary. Now it only remains to see whether index creation will be still fast (I suspect it should) and if it doesn't have any other unintended consequences (e.g. in pattern matching which we use a lot).