Re: BUG #15293: Stored Procedure Triggered by Logical Replication is Unable to use Notification Events - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #15293: Stored Procedure Triggered by Logical Replication is Unable to use Notification Events
Date
Re: BUG #15293: Stored Procedure Triggered by Logical Replication isUnable to use Notification Events  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
List pgsql-hackers
> One other thing, somewhat independent, I wonder is if it's actually
> problematic that we don't do ProcessCompletedNotifies() in a bunch of
> processes, because that means we'll not necessarily call
> asyncQueueAdvanceTail().  Perhaps that means we actually *do* need to do
> it around CommitTransactionCommand()?

As far as that goes, we should probably ensure that a process that hasn't
executed any LISTENs is ignored for purposes of whether to advance the
queue tail.  I think it might be like that already.