Re: Changes to handling version numbers internally - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Changes to handling version numbers internally
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Someone recently asked for a utility along the lines of gnome-config so
> they can get the installation paths for the libraries and include files
> for their package. Maybe we can work the configure command line into that.

> $ pg-config --includedir
> /usr/local/pgsql/include
> $ pg-config --libdir
> /usr/local/pgsql/lib
> $ pg-config --configure
> --enable-debug --with-CXX

> Comments?

I like it.  We can still say that make distclean wipes the source tree
clean of configure output ... but the install tree retains documentation
about how it was built.

Aside from configure options, it'd at least be important to save the
selected OS template name.  Not sure what else.