Re: Changes to handling version numbers internally - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Changes to handling version numbers internally
Date
Re: Changes to handling version numbers internally  (The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
The Hermit Hacker writes:

> that is what I'm kinda asking for ... maybe some POSTGRES/etc directory
> can be created, or create a file under lib that just contains that one
> command?
>
> think about Lamar's RPMs ... might not be many that would, but some might
> like to be able to look at a file and see what args he used to configure
> it, in case they want to keep what is currently there, but add an option
> that he didn't put in ...

Good point. (Although the RPMs do way too much custom patching right now
for this to be very useful.)

Someone recently asked for a utility along the lines of gnome-config so
they can get the installation paths for the libraries and include files
for their package. Maybe we can work the configure command line into that.

$ pg-config --includedir
/usr/local/pgsql/include
$ pg-config --libdir
/usr/local/pgsql/lib