Re: [sqlsmith] subplan variable reference / unassigned NestLoopParams - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [sqlsmith] subplan variable reference / unassigned NestLoopParams
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andreas Seltenreich <seltenreich@gmx.de> writes:
> Tom Lane writes:
>> Andreas Seltenreich <seltenreich@gmx.de> writes:

>>> These appear to be related.  The following query produces the former,
>>> but if you replace the very last reference of provider with the literal
>>> 'bar', it raises the latter error.

>> Fixed that, thanks for the test case!

> I haven't seen the former since your commit, but there recently were
> some instances of the latter.  The attached queries all throw the error
> against master at 8752bbb.

Turns out my patch only addressed some cases of the underlying issue.
I've gone back for a second swipe at it; thanks for the continued testing!

BTW, the commit hashes you've been mentioning don't seem to correspond to
anything in the master PG repo ... are you working with modified sources?