Re: psql show me the : and ask user input, when running one sql file - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: psql show me the : and ask user input, when running one sql file
Date
List pgsql-general
On 4/5/20 5:50 AM, arden liu wrote:
> I am using psql to run this sql
> file(https://github.com/Arelle/Arelle/blob/master/arelle/plugin/xbrlDB/sql/public/xbrlPublicPostgresDB.ddl)
> here is my command:
> /usr/bin/psql postgresql://db_user:dbpassword@localhost:5432/my_db -f
> /tmp/xbrlPublicPostgresDB.ddl
> I do not know why it show me the : , which is asking me to input something.

You are going to need to provide more context about where the : is
showing up.

You will need to show  the actual complete line that shows up?

Also it would be helpful to see anything directly preceding the line.

I would also suggest looking at the Postgres log(assuming you have
log_statement set to at least mod) to see where in the sequence of
commands you run into the 'input'.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com