Re: Using compression on TCP transfer - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrus
Subject Re: Using compression on TCP transfer
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!
Thank you.

>If you decide that it's without, you could apply a TRIM in a trigger on each INSERT and UPDATE. Then, you could replace the table by a view of the same name >and implement the TRIM on SELECT there. This way, you don't have to touch anything in the application.

How you provide sample code how to create view or othe method test so that my select statement returns data.

Currently select in code

create table test ( test varchar );
insert into test values ('test');
select * from test where test ='test '; -- note trailing space

does not return data.

Andrus.