Re: Postgres jdbc bulk insert stuck - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From dmachop
Subject Re: Postgres jdbc bulk insert stuck
Date
Re: Postgres jdbc bulk insert stuck
List pgsql-jdbc
The table doesn't contain any keys, indices, triggers, etc.
This is the first time I create the table. I run a create statement and then
run inserts.

Vitalii Tymchyshyn-2 wrote
> Does it stop on the first batch?

No. In fact, 4 batches are processed and gets stuck at 5th batch. Tried with
different batch count 256, 1000 (Stuck at after processing 1280, 5000 rows
respectively).

Vitalii Tymchyshyn-2 wrote
> Have you got any triggers on the table?

None whatsoever. Just created a table and nothing else.

Vitalii Tymchyshyn-2 wrote
> Are there any notices sent back to the client? There is a certain
> limitation related to client TCP read/write sequencing.

I don't receive notifications. Debugged at a point and this is the dump
where it seems to be stuck for about an hour or more
Thread [BulkDownloader-1] (Suspended)
owns: BufferedOutputStream  (id=5108)
owns: QueryExecutorImpl  (id=4483)
SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(FileDescriptor, byte[], int, int) line: not
available [native method] [local variables unavailable]
SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(byte[], int, int) line: 109
SocketOutputStream.write(byte[], int, int) line: 153
BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer() line: 82
BufferedOutputStream.write(byte[], int, int) line: 121
BufferedOutputStream(FilterOutputStream).write(byte[]) line: 97
PGStream.Send(byte[]) line: 229
QueryExecutorImpl.sendParse(SimpleQuery, SimpleParameterList, boolean) line:
1327
QueryExecutorImpl.sendOneQuery(SimpleQuery, SimpleParameterList, int, int,
int) line: 1629
QueryExecutorImpl.sendQuery(V3Query, V3ParameterList, int, int, int,
QueryExecutorImpl$ErrorTrackingResultHandler, BatchResultHandler) line: 1216
QueryExecutorImpl.execute(Query[], ParameterList[], BatchResultHandler, int,
int, int) line: 351
PgPreparedStatement(PgStatement).executeBatch() line: 1019
DelegatingPreparedStatement(DelegatingStatement).executeBatch() line: 345
DelegatingPreparedStatement(DelegatingStatement).executeBatch() line: 345
QueryRunner.batch(Connection, boolean, String, Object[][]) line: 152
QueryRunner.batch(Connection, String, Object[][]) line: 92
DBUtil.batch(String, Object[][]) line: 141
DBWriter.merge(SalesforceObject) line: 172