Re: lifetime of temp schema versus compiled image of plpgsql proc - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: lifetime of temp schema versus compiled image of plpgsql proc
Date
List pgsql-sql
> Dennis wrote:
>> So I should be using EXECUTE for all access to the temp tables? ie inserts,
>> and selects (in this case). Should I use execute for the table creation?

> All access from plpgsql functions for temp tables should use EXECUTE,

I think that advice is not correct nor relevant to Dennis' problem.  You
need EXECUTE if you are dropping and recreating temp tables within the
lifetime of a single connection, but he didn't do that.  Even if he did
do it and hasn't told us so, that does not explain why the error message
complains about the temp *schema* and not a temp table.  There's
something very strange here, because the temp schema name for a given
session is definitely fixed for the life of the session.
        regards, tom lane