query option in COPY postgres - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From masyaf
Subject query option in COPY postgres
Date
Re: query option in COPY postgres  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
List pgsql-sql
According to COPY documentation , I can use query option when exporting data.
Can I use query VALUES when loading data into tables from txt file? If I
have 2 columns and I want to insert record manually in the first
column(SentenceID) and insert data in the second column(Sentence) from text
file. Is it something like:

copy foo1(Sentence) | (VALUES (2339)) from '/path/to/sentence.txt' with
delimiter '*';

How to use exactly options in COPY command, it has {} | [] symbols in
documentation.