Problems with Postgis-geometries under Windows 7 64 Bit - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Christian H. Bruhn
Subject Problems with Postgis-geometries under Windows 7 64 Bit
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi!

I just installed Postgres 9.2.4 from [1] with the pgAdmin on Windows 7
Prof. 64 Bit. I also installed Postgis 2.0.3-2. I've tried the
installation with the stackbuilder and also the separate download.

Now I have the problem that some data is missing, when displayed in
pgAdmin. The geometry-column for a lot of entries are empty, although
there are data.

To test:
psql -d postgres -U postgres -c "create database test;"
psql -d test -U postgres -c "create extension postgis;"
psql -d test -U postgres -c "CREATE TABLE plz (geom geometry(Geometry,4326), plz bigint NOT NULL, CONSTRAINT pk_plz
PRIMARYKEY (plz));"

psql -d test -U postgres -c "CREATE INDEX idx_plz_geom ON plz USING gist(geom);"

Save the data from http://pastebin.com/YTE94ni0 as plz.csv and change
your path in the following line
psql -d test -U postgres -c "COPY plz FROM 'c:\osm\plz.csv' DELIMITER ',' CSV;"

The data contains 18 lines, 16 have a valid geometry, 2 have none.

When you display the table with pgAdmin, only 6 geometries are shown.
For the rest you cannot say if there is no geometry or is it only not
displayed.

If you query
SELECT COUNT (geom) FROM plz;
you will get the correct result: 16.

Exporting via the psql-commandline or using phppgadmin all geometries
are shown. So it must be an error in pgAdmin.

On Ubuntu 12.10 the same test-scenario works fine.

Christian

[1] http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-services-training/pgdownload#windows