Postgres service stops when I kill client backend on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dmitry Vasilyev
Subject Postgres service stops when I kill client backend on Windows
Date
Re: Postgres service stops when I kill client backend on Windows  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
I’ve started PostgreSQL server on Windows and then I kill client
backend’s process by taskkill the service was stopped:

postgres=# select pg_backend_pid();
 pg_backend_pid
----------------
           1976

postgres=# \! taskkill /pid 1976 /f
SUCCESS: The process with PID 1976 has been terminated.
postgres=# select 1;
        before or while processing the request.
!>

If I kill backend’s process on Linux then service not failing. So
what’s the problem? Why PostgreSQL is so strange on Windows?

------
Dmitry Vasilyev
The Russian Postgres Company