pg_dump - postgre 9.2 and "server closed the connection unexpectedly" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Maycon Oliveira
Subject pg_dump - postgre 9.2 and "server closed the connection unexpectedly"
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi there.

i´m using postgre for 2 years now and i started to have this *INTERMITENT*
error from pg_dump:

pg_dump: Dumping the contents of table "adm_log" failed: PQgetCopyData()
failed.
pg_dump: Error message from server: server closed the connection
unexpectedly
    before or while processing the request.
pg_dump: The command was: COPY xcp0000000001.adm_log (seq_log, dth_evento,
des_mensagem, des_usuario, des_objeto) TO stdout;

Looking on the postgre logs i see this error:

LOG:  could not send data to client: Connection timed out
STATEMENT:  COPY xcp0000000001.adm_log (seq_log, dth_evento, des_mensagem,
des_usuario, des_objeto) TO stdout;

Informations:

1 - The database has only 18MB.
2 - The adm_log table has a text field with relative large content (java
stacktraces)
3 - The database has 12 schemas and they are generated by a script that
copies the structure from one and creates another.
4 - I never ran VACUMM ou ANALYSE or REINDEX commands.
5 - The database is using the default configuration (autovaccum on)

Anybody has a hint? I´m afraid that can lead to a bigger problem.