unicode error and problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paolo Supino
Subject unicode error and problem
Date
Re: unicode error and problem
List pgsql-general
Hi

  I received a unicode CSV file from someone (the file was created on a
windows system) and I'm trying to import it into postgresql. When it gets to
a line that isn't ascii it prints the following error and aborts: "ERROR:
copy: line 33, Invalid UNICODE character sequence found (0xd956)". When I
created the db cluster with "-E unicode" and initdb was run with "-E
unicode". As I wrote above the file was created on a windows system. I'm
trying to import it to postgresql 7.3.5 on a Solaris 9 system. Postgresql
was compiled by me with the following configure switches:
 ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --sysconfdir=/etc
--sharedstatedir=/usr/local/share --localstatedir=/var --enable-locale
--enable-recode --enable-multibyte --enable-nls
--with-java --with-openssl=/usr/local --with-CXX --enable-syslog
--with-includes=/usr/local/include --with-libraries=/usr/local/lib.

Anyone knows how to solve this problem so that the file will be imported
properlly?