Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client - SOLVED - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From jaime soler
Subject Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client - SOLVED
Date
In response to Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client - SOLVED  ("Stefan Viljoen" <viljoens@verishare.co.za>)
Responses Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client - SOLVED  ("Stefan Viljoen" <viljoens@verishare.co.za>)
List pgsql-odbc
El mié, 22-07-2015 a las 15:47 +0200, Stefan Viljoen escribió:
> Hi Tom
>
> Thanks for the answer.
>
> Yes, it turned out to be an incompatibility of some kind.
>
> I downgraded the Postgress instance to 9.0 and immediately everything started working.
>
> I suspect that the very old unixODBC (2.2.14) that ships with a fully updated Centos 6.5 (also old) is simply
incompatiblewith the psqlodbc driver shipped with Postgres 9.4

unixODBC should be at least 2.3.1 for postgresql 9.3 and 9.4 .
Enterprisedb ships unixODBC-2.3.1.tar.bz2 with pgodbc driver, so I
suppose postgresql-odbc ( redhat package)  have to update its
dependencies.

> Everything is now working fine on Postgres 9.0
>
> Maybe put up a note somewhere relevant that (maybe) Centos 6.5 stock unixODBC cannot talk to Postgres 9.4's ODBC
driver?

> 9.0 definitely works like a charm (at least in my Centos 6.5 instance here.)
>
> Thanks for the time you took to assist with this.
>
> Kind regards,

admittedly-pretty-oldunixODBC manager in RHEL6.

> (I haven't worked for Red Hat in a couple of years, but I'm fairly sure that when I left, their ODBC packages would
stilltalk to current Postgres server versions, because I recall testing that.  However, I never tested the combination
oftheir unixODBC with the PGDG packaging of the ODBC