Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client - SOLVED - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Stefan Viljoen
Subject Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client - SOLVED
Date
In response to Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client - SOLVED  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Responses Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client - SOLVED  (jaime soler <jaime.soler@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-odbc
Hi Tom

Thanks for the answer.

Yes, it turned out to be an incompatibility of some kind.

I downgraded the Postgress instance to 9.0 and immediately everything started working.

I suspect that the very old unixODBC (2.2.14) that ships with a fully updated Centos 6.5 (also old) is simply
incompatiblewith the psqlodbc driver shipped with Postgres 9.4

Everything is now working fine on Postgres 9.0

Maybe put up a note somewhere relevant that (maybe) Centos 6.5 stock unixODBC cannot talk to Postgres 9.4's ODBC
driver?

9.0 definitely works like a charm (at least in my Centos 6.5 instance here.)

Thanks for the time you took to assist with this.

Kind regards,