Re: Error prone compilation of stored procedure - Mailing list pgsql-general

From pinker
Subject Re: Error prone compilation of stored procedure
Date
Re: Error prone compilation of stored procedure  (Rob Sargent <robjsargent@gmail.com>)
Re: Error prone compilation of stored procedure  (Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Pavel Stehule wrote
> PLpgSQL doesn't check a identifiers inside embedded SQL before execution.
> In this case j_var can be theoretically some SQL identifiers - the
> possibility or impossibility is not know in function validation stage.
>
> It has some plus and minus points. The plus - there are not strong
> dependency between database objects and PL code. The minus - lot of bugs
> are not detected in validation stage. But this issue can be solved by
> plpgsql_check extension https://github.com/okbob/plpgsql_check/

Thank you for the link to extension.
Another minus is that my colleagues which use to work on oracle think that
postgresql is at least one league below oracle.