Re: BUG #1184: listeners not cleaned on crash - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #1184: listeners not cleaned on crash
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"PostgreSQL Bugs List" <pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org> writes:

This is a deficiency, without doubt, but it's always seemed like a
mighty low-priority one to me.  There already is a provision for
deleting entries when they are found not to refer to any existing
process, so the odds of actually sending a mistaken notify seem low.

> This is a very annoying bug if you are running slony1 replication system.

If slony reacts badly to an extra notification then I think that's a
slony problem more than anything else.  It shouldn't be that fragile.

            regards, tom lane