Re: Application written in pure pgsql, good idea? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David G Johnston
Subject Re: Application written in pure pgsql, good idea?
Date
List pgsql-general
inspector morse wrote
> This is just for fun/research, I don't need a web framework because PHP is
> actually picking up the incoming requests and sending it to a pgsql stored
> function. The pgsql will concatenate all the html that is required for the
> page and send it back to PHP to write out to the response.
>
> My main concern is, since there will be a lot of concatenation in pgsql to
> generate the HTML, would it affect performance?

Then do research.  Implement a somewhat complete example of what you are
thinking in one or more languages/architectures and then run some
performance testing - and make some subjective usability determinations - to
see how they compare to each other.

David J.