Re: Fetch zero result rows when executing a query? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David G Johnston
Subject Re: Fetch zero result rows when executing a query?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Shay Rojansky wrote
> The use case would be sending a query which might modify or might not
> (e.g.
> UPDATE), but we know that the user is uninterested in any result row.

How do you intend to gain this knowledge if the query doesn't structure
itself so that it does or does not return actual rows?  Can you give a real
concrete example for people to get their heads around?

David J.