*Old* PostgreSQL version - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alex Shnitman
Subject *Old* PostgreSQL version
Date
Re: [GENERAL] *Old* PostgreSQL version  (Remigiusz Sokolowski <rems@gdansk.sprint.pl>)
List pgsql-general
Hi!

I read in the FAQ that in order to find out the version of PostgreSQL
I'm running I have to so "select version();" from psql. I have a very
old installation of PostgreSQL that I need to upgrade, so I need to
find out its version, but this trick doesn't work:

database_name=> select version();
WARN:parser: Syntax error at or near "version"

What else can I do? I can see from the dates of the files that it was
installed sometime in mid-1997. What else can I use to find the
version?

Thanks!

--
Alex Shnitman                            | http://www.debian.org