Re: foreign table: WARNING: problem in alloc set ExecutorState detected write past chunk end in block ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: foreign table: WARNING: problem in alloc set ExecutorState detected write past chunk end in block ...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy@gmail.com> writes:
> While trying to test out the "EXPLAIN and nfiltered, take two" patch
> with its test file "explaintesti", I noticed I was getting a warning
> message like:

>  WARNING:  problem in alloc set ExecutorState: detected write past
> chunk end in block 0x101134e00, chunk 0x101134f38

> I got the same warning on unpatched git head as well.

Can't reproduce that here, on either 32-bit or 64-bit hardware.
However, this sort of issue is often exceedingly sensitive to
environment and build options.  What's your platform, what did you use
for configure options, etc?

[ thinks for a bit... ]  It could easily also depend on the precise
lengths of strings being pushed around.  What's the exact length of
the foreign table pathname you actually used?  And is that the exact
dummy file you used?