string is too long for tsvector - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From wschnell
Subject string is too long for tsvector
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi,

I am new so apologies if this has been asked many times.

I have a table which contains approx 1 million text documents in individual
rows. I do not need all of these documents for my search. I only need those
that contain the phrase 'other events'

Here is my code
/
SELECT * FROM eightks\d
WHERE to_tsvector(text) @@ to_tsquery('other_events') ;/

When I run this I get the following error message

/string is too long for tsvector (2368732 bytes, max 1048575 bytes)/

Not sure what to do?

Also,  I would like those that match the above phase to be put into a new
table? Not sure how to do this.

Thanks heaps for any help.