Re: postgresql referencing and creating types as record - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David G Johnston
Subject Re: postgresql referencing and creating types as record
Date
List pgsql-general
vpmm2007 wrote
> type function is record (f1 NUMERIC,f2 NUMERIC..); this is in oracle
>
> kindly tell me what is the substitute to use "is record " in postgres.
>
> its urgent .....
>
> thanks and rgds
> vpmm

No idea on exactly what Oracle is creating here (a type or a set returning
function) but either:

CREATE TYPE ( ... )

or

CREATE FUNCTION ( ... ) RETURNS TABLE ( ... )

The documentation will provide specifics.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/sql-commands.html

David J.