Re: BUG #7842: pg_dump scripts view to table - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #7842: pg_dump scripts view to table
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Maciej Łopuszański <lopuszanski@oleofarm.com> writes:
> is there a way to find exactly what object/table/column creates this
> circular dependency?

Look into pg_depend for entries referencing the view or the view's
rowtype.  (Offhand I'd bet it's the latter.)  So the refobjid would
be 'viewname'::regclass or 'viewname'::regtype.

> pg_dumb even in verbose mode does not warn/error of this situation.

Why should it?  This isn't a bug, this is merely an implementation
detail.
        regards, tom lane