Re: exception handling in postgres plpgsql - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: exception handling in postgres plpgsql
Date
List pgsql-sql
Karthikeyan Sundaram <skarthi98@hotmail.com> writes:
> When I compile, I am getting an error message
> ERROR:  unrecognized exception condition "no_data_found"CONTEXT:  compile o=
> f PL/pgSQL function "audio_format_func" near line 15
> =20
> How will I handle exceptions in postgres?

Reading between the lines I gather that you are reading 8.2
documentation and trying to apply the info to some previous version that
doesn't have SELECT INTO STRICT (which you failed to use anyway...)

You probably want to test the magic FOUND variable instead --- see the
plpgsql docs.

            regards, tom lane