Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Patch attached.

Committed with some cosmetic adjustments --- thanks!

> I am not sure whether HAVE_GETOPT is the best condition
> to use, since it's set by configure by a link based check, same goes for
> HAVE_INT_OPTERR. The other choices would be relying on HAVE_GETOPT_H or
> a new AC_CHECK_DECL.

I'm pretty sure HAVE_GETOPT is *not* what we want to use for the variable
declarations.  I've tried HAVE_GETOPT_H for the moment, but that may need
more tweaking depending on what the buildfarm has to say.

> I haven't touched entab.c because it's not linking with pgport, so there
> seems little use in changing it.

Agreed.  We don't have very high standards for its portability anyway.

> I've also removed some #ifndef WIN32's that didn't seem to make much sense.

They might've been needed at one time, but we'll see.  (I also took out
a few includes of <unistd.h> that were clearly now redundant, though
I didn't try to be thorough about it.)