Re: [INTERFACES] Tables acting funny with pgaccess - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] Tables acting funny with pgaccess
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
bgunter@alef.gcsu.edu (Ben Gunter) writes:
> I'm having a problem with pgaccess that's confounding me.
> If I create a table with psql, I have no problems using pgaccess for
> queries.  However, if I create a table using pgaccess, things go awry.

>> PostgreSQL error message: ERROR: func_get_detail: No such attribute or function 'lastname'

> It's only if I ask for a specific
> field from a table created by pgaccess.

At a guess, pgaccess is generating the table with case of field names
preserved?  Ordinarily, table and field names are implicitly downcased,
but not if you put double quotes around 'em.

My bet is that pgaccess is quoting your field names during CREATE TABLE
but not doing so during SELECT ... a bad combination.

            regards, tom lane