Re: [INTERFACES] Tables acting funny with pgaccess - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Ben Gunter
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] Tables acting funny with pgaccess
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
I have attached the pg_dump output, but you probably won't need it.

When I got your message this morning, I started looking into the problem a
little further.  I found two things that I should have noticed before:

1) The problem only occurs when I use capital letters in the field names
(e.g., "FirstName", "LastName").  Field names consisting of all lower case
letters don't cause a problem.

2) If I enclose the field name in quotes when running the query (e.g.,
SELECT t0."LastName" FROM "Present" t0;), then everything works just fine.

That _almost_ solves my problems.  It would be nice if I could use the
visual query designer to run queries on tables with field names containing
upper case letters.  (But then again, I could just make all my field names
lower case and all would be well.)

I think Tom Lane is right.  It seems like field names are being quoted when
the table is created, but not when a query is executed.

Thanks for looking into it.

-Ben