Re: table_privileges view under information_schema doesn't show privileges on materialized views - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: table_privileges view under information_schema doesn't show privileges on materialized views
Date
Re: table_privileges view under information_schema doesn't showprivileges on materialized views
List pgsql-hackers
Ashutosh Sharma <ashu.coek88@gmail.com> writes:
> Currently, table_privileges view in information_schema.sql doesn't
> show privileges on materialized views for currently enabled roles. As
> per the documentation-[1], it should be showing the all privileges
> granted on tables and views (the documentation doesn't says it has to
> be normal view). Shouldn't we allow it to show privileges on
> materialized views as well.

The spec is quite clear that rows in table_privileges must correspond
to rows in information_schema.tables, but we don't show materialized
views there.

Perhaps there's a case for showing MVs in the "tables" view, and thence
also in table_privileges, but this patch by itself is flat wrong.

Anyway it seems to me we made that decision already; it's a bit late now
to be revisiting whether MVs should be treated as tables here.