Re: Making PostgreSQL 7.4 (CVS) work properly on OS X 10.3 (7B85) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Making PostgreSQL 7.4 (CVS) work properly on OS X 10.3 (7B85)
Date
Re: Making PostgreSQL 7.4 (CVS) work properly on OS X 10.3 (7B85)  (Marko Karppinen <marko@karppinen.fi>)
List pgsql-hackers
Bob Ippolito <bob@redivi.com> writes:
> * I ditched the system.c hack, assuming Apple has fixed them by 10.3 --
> because it breaks tcl and python if you do.. I did:

After fixing the ps_status problems, I cannot observe any problem, with
or without system.c.  However, I agree that it's a bad idea to propagate
that hack forward when it's no longer needed.  I've #ifdef'd out
system.c for OS X 10.3 and later.  (I was tempted to disable it on
10.2.* as well, but I can only prove system() works in 10.2.6, not
having older OS X handy to test.)

> Ok, that's not quite true, so:
> I edited src/Makefile.global to have
> python_libspec = -framework Python

I'm not going to touch that at this point in the release cycle.  It'll
just have to wait for a future release.