Re: GeSHi module for Postgresql? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: GeSHi module for Postgresql?
Date
List pgsql-general
Leif Biberg Kristensen <leif@solumslekt.org> writes:
> On Tuesday 4. May 2010 16.31.20 Tom Lane wrote:
>> There's an awful lot of them, many of which aren't really intended to be
>> called by users anyway.  Can't you just do "if it looks syntactically
>> like a function call, assume it is one"?

> Another point: I'm uncertain how to define a �user� in this context. Someone
> who wants to highlight plpgsql code snippets is most likely to be some kind of
> developer.

Sure, but what I meant was "not intended to be called directly from
SQL".  Lots of those functions underlie operators, for example, and
you're really expected to use the operator instead.  Stuff like
btree support functions likewise not really intended to be called
manually.

            regards, tom lane