Re: GeSHi module for Postgresql? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Leif Biberg Kristensen
Subject Re: GeSHi module for Postgresql?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday 4. May 2010 18.05.02 Tom Lane wrote:
> Leif Biberg Kristensen <leif@solumslekt.org> writes:
> > Another point: I'm uncertain how to define a «user» in this context.
Someone
> > who wants to highlight plpgsql code snippets is most likely to be some
kind of
> > developer.
>
> Sure, but what I meant was "not intended to be called directly from
> SQL".  Lots of those functions underlie operators, for example, and
> you're really expected to use the operator instead.  Stuff like
> btree support functions likewise not really intended to be called
> manually.

Yes, I think we are agreed. See also my earlier reply to Yeb Havinga, where I
expressed some second thoughts about including a full function list. I think
that the «public» functions included in the docs are sufficient for most
purposes. There aren't an awful lot of them; I compiled a list by hand in a
couple of hours.

regards,
--
Leif Biberg Kristensen