Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Default monitoring roles - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Default monitoring roles
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 30 March 2017 at 19:31, Erik Rijkers <er@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>> The buildfarm is showing red (the same errors that I get...):
>> pgrowlocks.c: In function ‘pgrowlocks’:
>> pgrowlocks.c:105:65: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘;’ token
>> is_member_of_role(GetUserId(), DEFAULT_ROLE_STAT_SCAN_TABLES);

> Weird. make check-world just skipped that directory. I guess for Dave also.

If you just did check-world, it probably didn't build contrib modules that
don't have tests, because the "check" target wouldn't do anything without
tests to run.

AFAICS, there isn't any top-level make target that will build all of
contrib except "make world", which also builds the docs and therefore
isn't very fast.  I wonder if we should create some more convenient
testing target that builds all code but not the docs.