Re: Creating Primary Key after CREATE TABLE: Is Sequence created? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Monosij
Subject Re: Creating Primary Key after CREATE TABLE: Is Sequence created?
Date
List pgsql-general
Ok I understand about not programming to LCD.

I just initially wanted to play around with creating tables / indexes / fks
and import some data before moving to next steps.

I did want to have some control over namimg conventions.

For eg. with creating PK id and sequence with 1 statement as:
id serial primary key
I have a vague idea how the primary key and sequence was named but no
control on it.

However if I could control the naming convention from here I would be ok
with it.

Would there be a way to control the naming of the id and sequence from the
create table statement?

Thank you.