Re: Trying to create DB / user to import some data - Mailing list pgsql-general

From mdr
Subject Re: Trying to create DB / user to import some data
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Steven -

Thanks. Worked great. I assumed it would assume the dbname to be
import_dbms_db as import_dbms_user was granted admin privileges on it.

Also I do have import_dbms_user and import_dbms_db in my pg_hba.conf as:
local import_dbms_db import_dbms_user md5

I still need that - correct? And I will need to have another entry
specifying the ip addr of the machine to connect from if I am connecting
from a different machine?

So to connect from Python scripts (using psycopg2) do I need to specify the
database to connect to as well?

And if that python script is running from a different machine the ip addr of
that machine needs to be in the pg_hba.conf?

I ask as this is not connecting for me right now but I will check on the
psycopg forum as well.

Just wanted to confirm.

Thank you for your help.

Mono