Re: How do I save my tables? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From David Johnston
Subject Re: How do I save my tables?
Date
List pgsql-novice
Kimberly Israel wrote
> Thanks for your advice everyone - I'm  getting ready to try it again and
> keep detailed track of the steps, but I noticed under Options->Query
> tool->Query editor that "Enable Auto ROLLBACK" is checked by default.  Is
> this the opposite of auto-commit?  Would unchecking it then put me into
> auto-commit?

Please follow list-norms (and others behavior) and bottom-post.

"Enable Auto ROLLBACK" only makes sense if you are in transaction (not
auto-commit) mode.  It makes it so that "transaction is aborted...." message
does not appear since as soon as you have an error the software issues a
ROLLBACK for you.

Still, unless you are constantly re-creating the tables in question whenever
you cause an error those tables should have been committed at some point.

I also do not know if that option is independent of the option to use
auto-commit...

David J.