Re: How do I save my tables? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From David Johnston
Subject Re: How do I save my tables?
Date
Re: How do I save my tables?  (Kimberly Israel <kac15228@yahoo.com>)
List pgsql-novice
An errors-only log is useless for this kind of analysis.  its the successful
statements that truly matter (in combination with the errors).  You should
log all statements during our next session so a complete log is available
for review.  You should also annotate said log with your thoughts/comments
before posting it (and trim out the errors that you subsequently corrected).

You do not "save" tables.  If you issue a successful CREATE TABLE statement
that table will be permanent.

You need replicate what you did "yesterday" and document what you did in
much more detail if you want someone to try and figure out what went wrong.
So go in, create one table.  Insert and query it.  Close out pgAdmin and
reboot if you like.  Then go back in and see if the table is still there.
If not note any changes to the pgAdmin dialogs hat your made while adding
said table.  My on.y thought is that you created temporary tables (which go
away at session end).

David J.