Re: SQL Path in psql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Johnston
Subject Re: SQL Path in psql
Date
List pgsql-general
lup wrote

> I wonder if this would at least get the full path on-screen for a c/p
>      \! for d in  $SQLPATH; do find $d -name
> <script-filename>
> ; done
>
> That said, I would down-vote this suggestion.  I tend to put sql files
> in amongst my various project dirs and maintaining the envvar isn't
> worth it.
>
> Anything I re-use I make into a function.

Usually a down-vote there is something that can go wrong if the feature is
implemented.  Simply not personally having a use for said feature normally
results in a "+0" vote or something similar.

The big issue with environment variables is their ability to have resolution
conflicts. I think the general idea has merit though setting symbolic-links
(in Linux variants at least) can get you some of the way there in a less
error-prone (but more verbose) way.

Ultimately feature requests get made to here then end up on the ToDo listing
if the idea has traction.

David J.